Tips for Using Handwriting Fonts
Most fonts remain unanimous unappreciated. Even the most commonly used font, Times New Roman is hardly noticed when used in a headline. However, you can catch reader’s attention by using special fonts such as Dynascript. The numbers of special fonts used in creating eye catching designs have exploded over the last decade. It seems that almost every release of graphics software makes even more fonts available. This has made it possible for many people to create websites with a lot of variety. The use of the handwriting font has grown over the years. Let’s see why.
One of the most common choices a designer has to make is whether or not use a handwriting font, which one to use ad where to use it. Proper use of this font can vastly enhance a web design by increasing the appeal of the web pages. In fact, there are times when it is almost mandatory to use a handwriting font to break the monotony. Over the years, some designers have perfected the use of these fonts. Below are a few tips on how to successful use them.
- Choose the right font- It s vital that the handwriting font you choose is just the right on for the site. A cursive or script handwriting font with a feminine look will be ideal for sites that showcase feminine products. However, not all cursive fonts have a feminine feel. In case you need to add a little childish touch, you should opt for the single stroke or other uniquely made handwritings.
- Minimize the use of handwriting- While handwriting will not doubt to break the monotony on a webpage. You risk having your website appear too casual if you over use it. It should be used on small parts of the web design such as RSS feeds. This is effective since it is very easy to catch readers’ attention. The fonts can be used to draw readers’ eyes to certain parts f the web page.
- Use handwriting to describe your site- Handwriting fonts can be used to show what website is. Using certain fonts can easily make the site identifiable as a site for kids. It will inform readers that your website is dealing in children’s books and toys. It can also identify a site for artists, designers or illustrators.
- Use it on headers and footers- a header is very importance since it bears the website’s name. Handwriting fonts can be used to tell visitors about the site and yourself. This can make your website attractive and unique. Handwriting can also be used in footers in any manner provided it enhances the appeal of each page.
- Use it for introductions- Introductions are a very important aspect of web design. As such, they are mostly used in blogs and portfolios. A brief introduction giving visitors a little basic information on the products or services offered at the site can be written in a handwriting font. Since people spent on a fraction of their time reading introductions, you have to make the message both brief and appealing.
- Use handwriting fonts for labels- There are websites that need labels for different images of products. Handwriting font is perfect for this. It gives the impressions that you actually to your time to write something about the product or clarify something to the victors.
- Use handwriting to call for actions- Getting readers’ attention is very important for web owners if they want to call them to their action. Readers can be urged to do something that will benefit the website and its user community such as making donation, sharing on social-networking sites among others using handwriting fonts.
- Use it to enhance navigation- Readers and users find it easier to navigate the site if they see short instructions of what they should do. This is especially important for websites with unique designs. Handwriting fonts can easily be used to draw their attention to the instructions this will be both helpful to the readers and your website.
The use of handwriting fonts can easily create a distinct impression o your website on readers’ minds. You will mostly love the reader’s response if you do it correctly.